The Civil Engineer is a creative self-starter willing to assume the day-to-day responsibilities of civil engineering design and production for assigned projects, as well as construction administration, marketing support and professional development.
The Civil Engineer supports all areas of civil engineering design from concept development through final construction documents.
The Civil Engineer is a detailed oriented, confident decision maker capable leading roadway and site design projects. This person motivates and mentors other team members and junior staff while working to self-improve and enhance their own professional skills. This person is an honest, reliable, team player who works with all team members to develop and implement civil designs that meet the constraints of budget, schedule and client expectations.
The Civil Engineer is a good listener, an experienced communicator, a leader, a teacher, a trusted collaborator and a “caretaker of the vision” of KZF Design; maintaining a recognized presence in the Engineering community.
As well as being creative, this person exhibits versatility in the approach of design solutions, is an outgoing and personable problem solver, and is experienced and comfortable working on a broad range of project types.
The ideal candidate is able to delegate and leverage skill sets through mentoring, coaching and training staff. They are able to see the big picture without becoming labored or entrenched in the minute details of a solution. KZF believes in the Promise of Design and delivering on its promises. As a diverse group of multidisciplinary professionals working together to create competitive solutions for our clients, the Civil Engineer is an integral participant and a critical leader in that effort.
The responsibilities of the Civil Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Keeping KZF’s promise of design and client satisfaction
- Designing, engineering and overseeing a broad range of project types
- Demonstrating experience with both public and private projects
- Working within a full range of budgets
- Working closely with all company disciplines
- Serving the external client by serving the internal client
- Providing technical oversight to KZF’s junior engineers and technical staff
- Participating in internal and external design charrettes and presentations
- Active involvement in the local engineering community
- Mentor, provide guidance and be a professional educator for junior staff
KZF Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No recruiter calls please.
Do you meet these specifications?
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in site design
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, ABET accredited
- PE License, NCEES certified with ability to be licensed in any State
- Demonstrated strong civil engineering skills including stormwater detention and design, and detailed site design
- Proven experience leading design efforts and coordinating with project managers
- Knowledgeable of various site design technical criteria including Local and Municipal standards, UFC, ODOT
- Track record of success working for an E or A/E firm
- Experience in leading design effort on ODOT and/or LPA projects
- Engineering experience with a variety of project types for a diverse range of clients in both the Private and Public marketplaces
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil3D
- 5+ years of experience in site design and highway design
- Knowledgeable of current site design and infrastructure technical criteria
- Demonstrated experience working on Civil engineering projects for a wide range of United States Government agencies and United States military organizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Involvement in professional development: continuing education, engineering design trends, new products and materials
- Experience performing site and roadway material take-offs and Mechanical cost estimating
- Experience mentoring junior engineering professionals
- Demonstrated strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated progressive career development
- Willing to travel
- MicroStation GeoPak proficient
- Demonstrated leadership in professional organizations
What sets KZF Design apart from other design firms?
- KZF Design helps our clients design a better future
- Multidisciplinary: Architecture, MEP, Structural, Civil, Interior Design and Planning
- Public markets served include Education, Transportation, and Federal/State/Local government
- Private markets served include Commercial & Industrial and Workplace Design
- Strong project portfolio across all six markets
- Cincinnati’s 9th largest Architecture Firm (Business Courier May-2019)
- Cincinnati’s 8th largest Engineering Firm (Business Courier Feb-2020)
- For 33 years KZF has been ranked as an Interior Design Giant by Interior Design magazine
- We have been in business for more than 60 years
- Financially strong and stable – consistently profitable since 1992
- Company consistently works on self-improvement to ensure long term success
- Stable workforce with an average tenure of 15 years
- Good Benefits including health care, life and disability insurance, and 401-k matching
The Team says:
- A warm culture – people genuinely care and support one another
- A sense of family with common goals and mutual respect throughout the workplace
- Working together as a multidisciplinary team makes us stronger
- Flexibility in setting hours allows balance between work and personal life
- A firm that celebrates its history and heritage
- Continuity of staff with valuable experience makes employees feel stable
- Interacting as one team in one office makes collaboration easier and more enjoyable
- A company where you can grow – changing for the better and you can be a part of it
- Architectural teams are backed by strong in-house interior design, civil, MEP and structural engineers
- A focus on technology and technical tools that make design and collaboration better
- High-profile projects and partnering with national/internationally recognized design firms
- A great downtown location in a LEED® Gold and ENERGY STAR® office designed by us
- Awesome, open office workspace that has been designed to foster collaboration