The Senior Mechanical Engineer is a creative self-starter willing to assume the day-to-day responsibilities on Mechanical engineering design and production for assigned projects, as well as construction administration, marketing support and professional development.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer supports all areas of Mechanical engineering design from concept development through final construction documents.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer has an appreciation for the creative goals of the design process, and works with all team members to develop and implement Mechanical designs that meet the constraints of time, budget, schedule and client expectations. This person is a good listener, an experienced communicator, a mentor, a leader, a teacher, a trusted collaborator and a “caretaker of the vision” of KZF Design. Maintaining a recognized presence in the Engineering community, both inside and outside of our region is expected and encouraged.
As well as being creative, this person exhibits versatility in the approach of design solutions, is an outgoing and personable problem solver, and is experienced and comfortable working on a broad range of project types.
The ideal candidate is able to delegate and leverage skill sets through mentoring, coaching and training staff. They are able to see the big picture without becoming labored or entrenched in the minute details of a solution. KZF believes in the “Promise of Design” and delivering on its promises. As a diverse group of multidisciplinary professionals working together to create competitive solutions for our clients, the Senior Mechanical Engineer is an integral participant and a critical leader in that effort.
The responsibilities of the Senior Mechanical Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Keeping KZF’s promise of design and client satisfaction
- Willing to be in responsible charge and have substantive control over Mechanical engineering projects
- Supervising and providing technical oversight to KZF’s junior engineers and technical staff
- Designing, engineering and overseeing a broad range of project types
- Demonstrating experience with both public and private projects
- Working within a full range of budgets
- Working closely with all company disciplines
- Assisting KZF’s market leaders to develop client relationships, including providing marketing support, proposal input and participation in client interviews
- Reinforcing KZF’s brand in the marketplace
- Serving the external client by serving the internal client
- Experience supervising junior engineers, designers and technical personnel
- Participating in internal and external design charrettes and presentations
- Estimating design hour budgets and working within established budget constraints
- Active involvement in the local engineering community
- Mentor, provide guidance and be a professional educator for junior staff
KZF Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No recruiter calls please.
Do you meet these specifications?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in the field of Mechanical and Plumbing Engineering working in the AEC industry.
- LEED AP
- REVIT and/or REVIT MEP proficient
- AutoCAD proficient
- MicroStation / MicroStation 3D proficient
What sets KZF Design apart from other design firms?
- KZF Design helps our clients design a better future
- Multidisciplinary: Architecture, MEP, Structural, Civil, Interior Design and Planning
- Public markets served include Education, Transportation, and Federal/State/Local government
- Private markets served include Commercial & Industrial and Workplace Design
- Strong project portfolio across all six markets
- Cincinnati’s 5th largest Architecture Firm (Business Courier May-2021)
- Cincinnati’s 6th largest Engineering Firm (Business Courier Feb-2021)
- For 33 years KZF has been ranked as an Interior Design Giant by Interior Design magazine
- We have been in business for more than 60 years
- Financially strong and stable – consistently profitable since 1992
- Company consistently works on self-improvement to ensure long term success
- Stable workforce with an average tenure of 15 years
- Good Benefits including health care, life and disability insurance, and 401-k matching
The Team says:
- A warm culture – people genuinely care and support one another
- A sense of family with common goals and mutual respect throughout the workplace
- Working together as a multidisciplinary team makes us stronger
- Flexibility in setting hours allows balance between work and personal life
- A firm that celebrates its history and heritage
- Continuity of staff with valuable experience makes employees feel stable
- Interacting as one team in one office makes collaboration easier and more enjoyable
- A company where you can grow – changing for the better and you can be a part of it
- Architectural teams are backed by strong in-house interior design, civil, MEP and structural engineers
- A focus on technology and technical tools that make design and collaboration better
High-profile projects and partnering with national/internationally recognized design firms
- A great downtown location in a LEED® Gold and ENERGY STAR® office designed by us
- Awesome, open office workspace that has been designed to foster collaboration