The ideal Project Manager for KZF’s Education Studio is an experienced, creative, confident leader who is able to inspire and coordinate a team of professionals, their work and project deadlines.
He or she must be a skilled listener and communicator both internally as well as externally. A life-long learner, this person can also act as an inspiring mentor to those in their charge.
We are looking for an ambitious person who is a strong negotiator, financially literate, and professionally seasoned, as well as approachable. The Project Manager is organized, efficient, and focused in executing their day to day responsibilities, and is accountable for their performance as well as that of their team. It is important they are able to evaluate and prioritize tasks of greatest importance in a “at times in a non-linear fashion” using sound, decisive judgement while balancing the measured risks on each project.
Proactive involvement in the pursuit of new business relationships and opportunities is required. Therefore, this person should share KZF’s belief in being client-focused, honest and forward-thinking and understand the significance of representing KZF Design, maintaining a professional appearance and attitude at all times. He or she must be charismatic and friendly, capable of establishing, building, and nurturing new relationships with clients, as well as maintaining existing relationships.
The responsibilities of the Project Manager for KZF’s Government Group include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage internal and external project teams
- Manage clients through all phases of a relationship
- Responsibly make and keep promises to our clients
- Develop budgets, proposals, schedules, project plans and staffing plans
- Review project design, documentation, cost estimates and other materials to ensure compliance with the project scope
- Manage and coordinate consultants providing services for assigned projects
- Provide leadership in clearly defining the project scope, schedule and goals for all assigned staff
- Establish individual discipline design budgets and overall project budget for all assigned projects
- Ensure projects are within budgets, completed on schedule and meet or exceed professional standards of work
- Contribute technically to projects in areas where qualified in support of work prepared by the respective disciplines
- Coordinate and facilitate quality control/coordination reviews for all assigned projects
- Provide proactive leadership in identifying and solving project and client issues
- Identify, qualify and pursue potential clients and project opportunities
- Increase sales, market share, network and client base
- Meet scope, schedule and budget expectations on projects by consistently monitoring key metrics, milestones, etc. while proactively making adjustments as necessary to ensure success
- Create and lead formal and informal presentations for internal and external audiences
- Navigate within multi-layer management structures
- Prepare and negotiate contracts
- Build a network of professional relationships within the education market (higher education and k-12) to support business development activities
This is a full-time position with an expectation of being in the downtown Cincinnati office multiple days a week, subject to change according to company policy. KZF offers flexibility in setting hours to balance work and personal life.
KZF Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No recruiter calls please.
Do you meet these specifications?
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture or Engineering from an accredited University
- Minimum 8-years of experience in the building design industry
- Professional registration as an Architect or Engineer
- Experience working with developers, contractors, and clients in the public market, with an emphasis on post-secondary education facilities.
- Demonstrated management of direct reports and internal/external consultants
- Demonstrated ability to monitor key metrics, milestones and proactively make adjustments as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop and prepare project proposals including defining scope, budget and schedule with a strong technical writing background
- Support of client and networking efforts through out of office/afterhours event attendance, leading to demonstrated new client acquisition/project opportunities
- Evidence of career progression and professional growth
- Proficient with MS Office
- Experience in primary and secondary education facilities.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation by Project Management Institute, or willingness for PMP track acceptable
- Demonstrated experience successfully executing business development strategies and securing new clients/projects
- Experience working on and managing Federal, State and Local Government projects
- Experience with Revit software suite
- Experience editing and negotiating standard A/E contracts
- Comfortable leveraging technology in all aspects of business
- Demonstrated leadership in professional and/or civic organizations
- Experience utilizing CRM, Salesforce or similar business development management software
What sets KZF Design apart from other design firms?
- KZF is financially strong and stable
- KZF has consistently been profitable since 1992
- The company serves six diverse markets in public and private sectors
- KZF has many long-term public and private financially stable clients
- Opportunities are present for upward mobility/promotion within the firm
- KZF has designed many notable local projects and has won many design awards
- KZF offers true “full service” with MEP, civil, structural, interiors, landscape architecture, and planning services
- For 37 years KZF has been ranked as an Interior Design Giant
- Cincinnati’s 6th largest Architecture Firm (Business Courier May 2022)
- Cincinnati’s 5th largest Engineering Firm (Business Courier November 2022)
- Top Workplace 2 years running (Cincinnati Enquirer)
- Top 500 Design Firms (Engineering News-Record)
- We have been a multi-disciplined design firm for 67 years
- Company consistently works on self-improvement to ensure long term success
- A mentoring work environment is part of our culture
- Continuing education is encouraged and supported
- Good benefits including health care, life and disability insurance and 401(k) matching
The Team says:
- A warm culture — people genuinely care and support one another
- A sense of family with common goals and mutual respect throughout the workplace
- Working together as a multi-discipline team makes us stronger
- Flexibility in setting hours allows balance between work and personal life
- A firm that celebrates its history and heritage
- Continuity of staff with valuable experience makes employees feel stable
- Interacting as one team in one office makes collaboration easier and more enjoyable
- A company where you can grow — changing for the better and you can be a part of it
- Architectural teams are backed by strong in-house interior design, civil, MEP and structural engineers
- A focus on technology and technical tools that make design and collaboration better
- High-profile projects and partnering with national/internationally recognized design firms
- A great downtown location in a LEED® Gold and ENERGY STAR® certified office designed by us
- Awesome, newly-renovated open office workspace that has been designed to foster collaboration